Billings Boats Gladan/Falken

Q A's Revenge

What to do. I started building this many years ago and gave up in frustration due to one too many interruptions! I still have nearly all the parts and the plans. Sadly several house moves have left the hull in a poor condition. I was a little unhappy with a few parts of the build at the time as well so now I'm not sure what to do. My gut feeling is to try to take it apart and trace the parts onto new stock material. Replicating the false decks could be a bit tricky for me though. I'll upload a few pics when I get a moment.

http://www.billingboats.com/images/BB5004%20Gladan.jpg

It's a limited edition now so doubt I could get replacement parts from Billings and they'd probably want more than I paid for the whole kit for them anyway!

IMGP2235_zpsa6fc3603.jpg

IMGP2237_zps9ed9b17a.jpg

IMGP2239_zps70c4d607.jpg

IMGP2238_zpsc271a612.jpg

Lots of dirt, dust and rusty pins!

Edited by Q A's Revenge

I don't recall seeing that one in their catalogs.......very nice looking boat :)   I would think that if it were the wood parts,  you could get them for free........but the fittings though :huh:    I had gotten an already started kit of the Nordkap from a friend,  and had to purchase the fittings kit for it.  the kit was so old,  that they were sold separately......the kit not even being laser cut.  there was a silver lining though,  because my friend later found the fitting kit for it,  and so I had a boon of parts.   Billing instructions have a parts list within the last few pages....if you take into account of what you might need,  you can order them from here:

Ages of Sail - Product Catalog

Billing Boats Official Website 2012

as you can see.......I have an old catalog :D :D      I have a lot of the plastic blocks......not too keen with them,  but I do like the detail molded into them........and I have used them on a few of my builds.

really would like to see you pick back up on this one.......I think it's a very interesting ship.  do you have any pictures of the build,  as to where you are on it?   there are plenty of places where you can purchase the parts......probably cheaper than buying a parts kit from Billing's {if they have one for it ;) }   the fitting's kit for the Nordkap was $220.00!  {but I got a special deal ;) }   all's fun in love and modeling :)   I do hope you proceed.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I've contacted the UK distributor about spares. In the meantime deconstruction starts in case I need to replicate the parts myself ...

Update. The UK distributor tell me parts are no longer available. I may write to billings in Denmark to see if they have any drawings of the parts I can have.

Edited by Q A's Revenge