5) Sizes of Sheets and Strips  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prefered length of sheets and strips?

• 16"
    • 18"
    • 20"
    • 22"
    • 24"
    • Longer
    • I'll take any length and you can vary the lengths ... I just don't care.
  2. 2. When purchasing sheets, what widths would your prefer to see offered? (Select more than one if you like.)

• 1"
    • 2"
    • 3"
    • 4"
  3. 3. On stripwood, is it Ok if the strips are in random lengths?

• No, I want all of my wood to be the same length
    • Yes, I'll use varying lengths so long as there is enough to finish my order

I just supply up to 3" wide material and 24" long.  Most of the exotics it is more expensive to find longer or wider stock.  Some woods are prone to lots of defects and this makes them harder to supply in longer and wider widths and still be defect free.

Edited by Boatsinc2000

Jeff

aka HobbyMill

NRG Member

Current Build: Constitution

Varied strip lengths would be OK as long as they are long enough to do the job - I would not appreciate lengths that required me to make scarfs/joints etc where not actually needed, or I would end up with a lot of useless offcut lengths from the strip - useable lengths (sorry cannot quantify but dependent on the scale) - having a selection of lengths (user specifies) would resolve some of the scale issues and minimise the 'over ordering to meet a need' issue?

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Rather than an absolute, I would assume you would go along with 'remarks' when ordering. It would give us and you a way to order 'random lengths, but not shorter than . . .', widths somewhere between  x and y (meaning that I would cut the wide strips to what I need anyway), and other specifics that would help you and the price.

Jay

Current build Cross Section USS Constitution  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10120-cross-section-forward-area-of-the-uss-constitution/

Finished USS Constitution:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/103-uss-constitution-by-modeler12/

'A picture is worth a  . . . . .'      More is better . . . .