Jump to content

Santa Maria by achuck49 - Artesania Latina - Scale 1:65 - POB

Recommended Posts

Sorry for not posting sooner but 3 year old granddaughter had a bad ear infection and the Sooners lost to TCU.


I did work on Maria and discovered some problems that I had not anticipated.


The ribs making up the false hull were too tight. I was very concerned about making the fit too large so I spent two days carefully sanding everything to fit.


I lightly sanded all areas to be glued but the glue would only work in spots.


What is shown in the photo is mostly plywood. Initially I used Tightbond woos glue as I have many times. The glue would hold very well for half an inch but fail for three. This was regardless of degree of stress, amount of 'bite', or anything else. I broke out the super glue and had similar results.


Tiny nails and a new nailer finally worked.


After some cleaning up I will put the first planking layer on. The instructions and photos clearly state that a few full length planks are all that is needed because the rest will be filled in with stealers.


If fits well and looks good, there is a problem elsewhere


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...