USF Constitution by cookster - Model Shipways - kitbashed to 1812

• 3 weeks later...

Cookster,

I'd like to thank you for this build log. My own MS 2040 kit should be here the end of this week and thus far, your build log has been my go-to resource for things I'd like to do with my build.

By the time I finish my build, I will no doubt be guilty of gross plagiarism for all of the ideas I'm getting from your build (both things you've done and things you wish you'd done).

I also have no doubt that your Connie when completed is going to be one of the most phenomenal builds out there and one that's hard to match. Keep up the good work.

Thanks again,

Fletch

Clark Fletcher

Current Build: USS Constitution - Model Shipways - 1812 Era Specs

Thanks everyone!  I've been working on my Essex build so Connie sits lonely by herself at the moment, but, I WILL get back to her soon!  I wanted to get Essex's frames well along and I'm getting there.

Thanks for checking in and your gracious comments!  Look forward to seeing your build logs.

Edited by cookster

Wes Cook

Current Build: USF Constitution (Model Shipways)

USF Essex (Scratch build)

MS Syren (build log lost, need to rebuild)

Future Builds: MS Confederacy

Hi Wes:

Been quietly following your log for a while now and first I want to say I'm sorry to for the loss of your folks. I went through pretty much the same thing 18 years ago only they were 11 months apart.

Your build is turning out great and since I too am going to start the MS Connie here in a few months, I can only hope it turns out as good. I've also decided to replace MS's hull & deck planking with Jeff's boxwood and the rest of the trim-work with Swiss Pear. And I'll definitely be changing the blocks out for Chuck's. Hope to see you back here soon.

Fair Winds & Take Care

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Hi George.  You can't go wrong with using hardwood.  Jeff is great and you'll love anything you get from him.

Planking the hull in boxwood will be very nice.  I've had to really work with the basswood planking on mine to get it where I can live with it, box would've been so much easier!

Thanks also for the comments about my parents.  It's only been 8 months, and the holidays are coming so some difficult times are ahead.  That's one great thing about this hobby, or any hobby for that matter- it takes my mind of those things...

Good luck with your build!

Wes Cook

Current Build: USF Constitution (Model Shipways)

USF Essex (Scratch build)

MS Syren (build log lost, need to rebuild)

Future Builds: MS Confederacy

• 1 year later...