Single Status Update
It has been a while due to domestic problems home and other issues but I'm back and want to finish the built.
I did some other changes as well as you will see on the pics, made the bow nearly massive and also around the bow trust as to me looks like this is a weak point and I want to keep this built for years to come.
Anyway, presently I have done the hull, closed it up so no holes inside and now use filler, sanding, filler and again sanding until I have a smooth surface to apply the first paint on it.
The deck will be started afterwards like accommodation, mast (still not content with the mast present), Schottels propulsion back as bow trust already mounted.
So completely sit still I haven't but not worked as frequently I want to be.
Going at the UNI now to get my BSc is another target I want to achieve, I know people say I'm crazy with 71 going back to school but I want to do something with myself and this is keeping me busy, no time getting Alzheimer too and having my Master already just want to have this done too in 4 years time incl the foundation.
Also having a night job so it will keep me going so to speak but still want to do my built and hopefully it will be done by next year.
Made the bow itself out of a massive part to have more strength in there.
Raw shape of the bow to allow the hull plates glued on to it.
Also the bow trust surroundings with massive wood for strength and support.
Applied glue on the wooden support blocks
Raw building port side and you see the block wood I made the massive parts out.
Coming there after works and glued parts there but still needs more work to be done
As she is still on the slip the bow comes to getting shape.
Also starboard side is coming to be in shape
bow trust itself (without motor) in place and secured
Closing up the bow part
After both parts finalised and applied first time filler by finger to close all holes
Also port side and did both sides anchor pockets protection and bow trust water line the flow of water afterwards
Bow is looking good but all in a raw stadium as need a lot more works to be done
Also the hull itself is going fine and connection to the kim is also done
same on the starboard side the filler just applied for the first time
Not a direct sharp picture but you can see the hull and bottom connected by the kim
You can see the lines already of the bow part. Not sure if I want to make the protection on the sides but guess I will go for direct rubber covers.
Aft part raw done but need more attention
Will have the roller in later and if having place under the deck built towing pins.
Also the towing winch will be built in later
Railing works will be done when hull finished and accommodation sanded
After first time sanded the hull and surroundings, looks good already
Also starboard side coming there
Included port side but still needs more filler and sanding
Even not standing and taking the picture direct in the center line of the vessel the bow looks good.
Bow trust engine mounted and secured waiting to connected
Just an update till now.
Already informed you that it will go slower as expected but still doing works to it.
Did the sanding accommodation and bridge.
Changed also the uptake stairs / ladders to the helideck as was not content with it, now looks much better.
Also received the railing and can imagine how it looks wenn all mounted but will be something on both sides of the stairs to!
Having just 3 pics to go with this update.
But this all for the next weeks or so to start and finalise with that.
Wish all of you a great time, X-mas is just around the corner too.
Having the last pics of the built.
Made / altered the mast, made from a round piece of wood and by hand in the shape I like.
Also the railing on the border/platform made but need to drill the holes for it, it gives you an idea how it will be.
Then the kim keels made and permanent glued to the built.
Was not an easy job as could not get them in the side I want so had to be altered by hand but it looks good and hopefully it will work to not to have the Boka Alpine rolling that much in the water later.
Have a great day and weekend.
not much done then just the fore mast.
Still waiting for spares / parts to arrive but they already did inform me the delay as some are out of stock.
Made last week some more orders but they have to be made as those are mostly 3D and that takes its time and also all in scale 1:75.
The deck cranes I have on order 2 x and will also make the "buckle" crane on ps aft deck for later the ROW and other equipment to handle. Those cranes (all 3) will be remote controlled.
The helicopter on order and will be having it's own remote so it can land and take-off from the helideck.
Mainly those are the inventaris on the bridge deck like chart table, consoles, chairs etc.
Also some equipment going on the Monkey Island and between the funnels.
Also the towing winch what comes out USA will take its time.
Waiting for more info about the Schottels as already waiting 3 weeks and hopefully they will be here before X-Mas.
Anyway, as weather conditions are zero cannot do anything outside so just working slowly day by day in between "Home work" UNI and my work finding some time to make some small issues to my built.
Have a great day all and will revert.
(Just image some parts I have on order already)