Artesania Latina Scottish Maid

Zosen

Looking for a little help on an old Artesania Latina kit "Scottish Maid".  I've had this kit in my stash for about thirty years and have even forgotten where it came from but my grandson has decided he wants to build a wooden ship and he discovered the kit while digging through the stash.

It's pristine but old and is no longer available that I could find.  AL doesn't respond to my inquiries so this forum seems to be my last resort.  We have two sheets of plans but there is obviously at least one sheet missing.  We have the sheets depicting the construction steps and the mast, spar and rigging sheet.  There has to be a sheet of the profile and the deck arrangement, I would think.

Anyway, if anyone can help solve this little conundrum, I would certainly be willing to defray any costs involved.  Hard enough to get kids interested in something non-electronic as it is and he is chomping at the bit.

Hard to determine scale, nothing printed that we can see.  We have built the hull to the deck level since the constructions plans and parts made this pretty straight forward but from that point forward it's pretty much guess work.  The deck is 16 5/8" though.

The book "Fast Sailing ships: Their Design and Construction, 1775 - 1875" by David R. MacGregor has an entire section devoted to the Scotish Maid with drawings and commentary.  Might be worth while to use this as a source of information on rigging and deck layout.

My advice and comments are always worth what you paid for them.

I have the book but it doesn't have deck arrangement and although the lines are shown, there is nothing that can be used without extensive copying.  Like I said before, we have the plans for the rigging and masts and spars.  It's the profile and deck sheet that we need.

Hi Zosen

I have a complete set of plans.One of them is marked E.1:1 and shows the section amidship and the deck plan.If it is I could try and take photos as I need them, see my log THEY JUST NEED TIDYING UP.

Tony

mayflower

• 3 weeks later...

Zosen I'm in the middle of my SM build. I will take pic of the deck arrangement when I get a moment and post here for you.

It's a good, challenging first model. JesseLee's completed build is a great resource/reference as you proceed, he has much detail overall.

• 3 months later...