For Beginners -- A Cautionary Tale

On 6/23/2016 at 12:57 AM, genericDave said:

It has to catch your eye.  If honestly nothing catches your eye except the Constitution, you might as well try.  Better to try something and have it fizzle out than to not try at all.  But if a first time builder is willing to start small, I do think it will pay off in the end.

I completely agree with this one @genericDave, if the only available option for a beginner doesn´t catch your eye because it is something you don´t like, not fancy or just can´t stand it is not worth trying it. If you have something in mind or that catches your eye try to find a simple version of it (I noticed that there are some ships in different skill levels available), just chose the easiest one if you are a beginner, but just not starting, because none of the "beginner friendly" catches your eye is also wrong.

A hobby is not only for fun, it also should bring challenges and also give you space to develop skills and occupy you.

Micha

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques - Yves Cousteau.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Build:

"Roar Ege" by Billing Boats - 1:25

On Hold:

n/a

Finished:

n/a