19th Century 31-ton Revenue Cutter by CharlieZardoz - Scale 1/64 - building as USRC Active based off Doughty plans and BlueJacket Shipcrafters kit

Hi Charlie - 

Just got back in the city on a semi-permanent basis.  Unpacked, refilled the pantry and fridge, and got a chance to look through MSW.  You have certainly made a lot of progress, and all of it quite nicely done.  Bravo.     The planking and trenneling came out particularly well.

I like the copper tape too.  I made the impressions from the back side, through the paper, so they made positive bumps on the face of the tape.  Then I burnished the bumps back down so the final look was of a flush circular blemish, which looked a lot like the flatheaded nails that were used.  

I'm wondering what yours will look like if you burnish the face of the tape.  Might be an improvement over mine.

Here's a toast to an effective vaccine in the very near future so we can start up club meetings again and I can see your stuff in person.

Stay safe and well

Dan

Current build -SS Mayaguez (c.1975) scale 1/16" = 1' (1:192) by Dan Pariser

Prior scratch builds - Royal yacht Henrietta, USS Monitor, USS Maine, HMS Pelican, SS America, SS Rex, SS Uruguay, Viking knarr, Gokstad ship, Thames River Skiff , USS OneidaSwan 42 racing yacht  Queen Anne's Revenge (1710) SS Andrea Doria (1952), SS Michelangelo (1962) , Queen Anne's Revenge (2nd model) USS/SS Leviathan (1914),  James B Colgate (1892),  POW bone model (circa 1800) restoration

Prior kit builds - AL Dallas, Mamoli Bounty. Bluejacket America, North River Diligence, Airfix Sovereign of the Seas

"Take big bites.  Moderation is for monks."  Robert A. Heinlein

• 2 years later...
  • The title was changed to 19th Century 31-ton Revenue Cutter by CharlieZardoz - Scale 1/64 - building as USRC Active based off Doughty plans and BlueJacket Shipcrafters kit