Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi my instructions for the Fair American are to me almost indecipherable very lacking in instruction , but I will keep persisting nevertheless.

But I need to know a few terms what exactly  is a "FANCY RAIL" and or "FANCY CAP"  . or a "FASHION PIECE ".

Any enlightenment would be helpful 



Now all I need is 96 more posts so I can correct my name


Link to comment
Share on other sites


Fancy rail and fancy cap are new ones for me.  Maybe they mean the cap rail which is just that, the rail that caps the top of the frames.   The fashion piece -  On the ship and on a framed model these are the aft most hull half frames to which the  transoms are mated.  





Stern timbers.jpg

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...