Artesania Latina Bluenose Old vs New Kit?

Osmosis

I am coming to a close on my first build and am starting to think about my next kit. I have a chance to pick up the above mentioned kit for $75.00. I figure for the money I cannot go wrong. I understand that it might not be the most accurate representation out there and that there are those that simply don't like this kit. 

My question it this. I have noticed two different boxes for this kit and I am wondering are the kits themselves different? Is one older than the other, different materials, better or worse?

The kit I an looking at comes in this box.

images.jpg.cd5fd99702a50c6c910931c7e0993977.jpg

The other box looks like this.

download.jpg.9e9d13a804826917a8d93077322c8f8a.jpg

Thanks for any thoughts you might have.

I purchased the older version less than a year ago -  I believe it is kit #20500.  As far as I'm concerned there is nothing wrong with it!  There are differences - I downloaded the newer instructions in case they would help but ended up relying on the original instructions and on a practicum by John Earl - see my build log if you want a link to John's practicum.  John made a number of alterations to more closely model the real Bluenose II.

Whichever one you choose I expect you will enjoy it!  I'll follow along on your build log when you start.

Doug

Current BuildsBluenose II - AKrabbenkutter / Prince de Neufchatel / Essex Cross-section / Syren / Barque Stefano / Winchelsea / Half Hull / Maria HF31 - Dusek / Bandirma - Turkmodel

On the Shelf: Santisima Trinidad and Cross Section / HMS Cutter Alert / Tender AVOS / Confederacy

Suspended Build: Bluenose II - Billing Boats Nr 600 

Thanks Doug,

I read your complete build log the other night along with all the others I could find and have already printed Mr. Earls practicum and read it through. Thanks for you input.

Best Regards

Art