HMS Victory by Erik A - De Agostini - Scale 1: 84

Hi Everyone

new forum member and have the HMS victory underway. i had been looking at doing a wooden ship for many years and never got around to it. then i saw the new Vasa released by De Agostini and given i am of Danish descent thought this would be a good start.... then i saw the amount of paint works and thought maybe not. so i did a bit more looking and coincedently a complete De Agostini HMS Victory came up on our local Ebay type website. This was a kit that the seller had purchased on the weekly subscription so had spent over 2 years collecting it. then they held onto it for another 2 years before listing it. they wanted $1000nz for it which is a little bit more than half price (price from the UK website is approx $1900nz including freight) i kept a watch on it and it listed 3 times so i asked what their best price was on it and they were pretty hard in that there was no room to move. then another one came on so i now had 2 to choose from. did the same thing with the new one and asked what was their bottom dollar so he gave me the ridiculous amount of $600nz which i promptly accepted and went and picked it up as it was local to me. this was also about 4 years old as he had also collected the weekly subscription then held it. in this case he was in the middle of building the bounty and didnt have enough time or the inclination to start so listed it for sale.

havent spent as much time on this as i would have liked due to work commitments and currently i am relocating my house so full on with that project as well. however i have made a start and i think im at about stage 20. i will post pics to date when i get home tonight. 

• 1 year later...

well its been a while since i did anything with this kit and have been looking at getting back into it. been a long year what with personal injury and illness, house relocation, renovation projects, overseas trip, wifes medical issues and subsequent job loss, the awesome event that is covid 19 and having to work through due to being an essential service. had many weeks of being the only one at work. been really struggling to get things done and over the last few weeks have been reviewing the kit and getting all the bits and pieces back together to make another start on it. last work i did was put infill on the bow and stern and have most of the shaping and fairing done. need to finish that off then planking begins.