Twist in the lower shrouds/ratlines

mugje

Busy with the ratlines! The first batch ready, it wasn't easy but i'm pretty happy with the result. 

The only thing is, that there is a twist in it, from top to bottom. Probably because of the paint and glue that added some 

stiffness to the whole.

Anyone an idea what I can do about that? Or is there in this stage nothing what I can do to fix this?

On the first not so sharp picture you can see the problem.

IMG_20191025_151807157.jpg

IMG_20191025_151641830.jpg

IMG_20191025_151900901_HDR.jpg

Edited by mugje

Mugie

The shrouds do not look to be tight enough, most easily seen in the last photo.  The lanyards also look loose in the second photo.  I know it may be a lot of work, but I would take off the rat lines and tighten the shrouds up.  If you have painted the shrouds, this may not be possible.   Assuming the kit did not have dark line for the shrouds and ratlines, dying them is a better way to go than painting them as they are still pliable once dyed.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU