Hi I am new, have a new model project

Borden

Want to predraw the frame ribs using software; the kit is a pile of wood and more with drawings. This is my first frame build 48th scale. Have been adding additional tools for this project. The build is a two mast gaff rigged fishing boat from about 1750 North American built around PEI area, been reading about what is needed online. Although not my first ship, it is a new level for me; I am a carpenter by trade.

Edited by Borden
Add something

Hi. Your post is a little vague on the details of your project. You say it's a kit, but don't say which kit. Are the frames already shown on the plans? If not, how are you planning to predraw them? Or are you looking for advice on how to do that task?

Cheers!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

Just downloaded a 3d cad program; the plans do show the shape but are not all to scale for the model. It is a kit; one of my wife Carole's friends purchased for her husband a few years ago, he decided to not build it. When the ladies got talking, Carroll was asked if she new anyone that would want a model like it and she said she did. then called my Carole and told he that she had it for me. Need to render the hull from the information I got from a museum in PEI of a ship form the same time and style, make slices and cut the ribs as the drawings are semi accurate for the design. want to improve it a little. Oval cutout on side for diorama of inside. Will repaint the people for inside to better represent the period. The extra detail of the inside is from the museum. Have cloth for sail cloth now and am still adding more tools to my kit for this project. They show everything but must expect an experience builder. I have built many models but this will be a changeling. 

P.S. model did not include sail cloth, nails, glue, rope, a pre-made windlass (has materials to make it), or anchors. It is heavy in measurements on the drawings; maybe because they are not all to scale, forgot to add the model is very old, box is not in good shape but inside drawings are fine as are the contents for making the model. Also instructions are not in English but are detailed enough to not be a problem also my wife's friend Carroll can read french lol "can ask for translation", the English instruction pages are mostly lost, but think have all the other parts based on the instruction pictures.

Edited by Borden