Virginia by Adrenalin19991 - FINISHED - Artesenia Latina

Hi all, Regretting not taking more pics during the build process but heres my finished Virginia. Started this as a first model with the aim to learn as much as possible. All up its been a very pleasurable 7 month project and has given me a basic grounding in the various aspects of model ship building. Prior to this i had built several RC model racing yachts, and in the distance past several small full size craft, still it this contained many steep learning curves.

Unlike others, I found the kit to be of all good quality timber, while the rigging process had me ordering more blocks and dead eyes, the latter of which were of poorer quality than the rest of the kit. Again unlike others ive read about, I had no trouble with the documentation for the hull build. Its a bit sparse in some areas but those holes were usually filled by research online and the fact that there are quiet a few build logs for his kit. The rigging guide (if you can call single sheet that) on the other hand was rubbish. The rigging while the most daunting part for me was something i really enjoyed, and imageproxy.php?img=&key=4f3b55ae31fcd018when a few million hours of procrastination finally transformed into doing something.

Attached are some pics, if i can find more ill post them.

As for a next build? a le Renard or Le Cerf...a bit bigger overall and these types I find very attractive.

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

IMG_0953.JPG

IMG_0957.JPG