Question for Flying Cloud model kit

AlvinC

Hi Alvin, and welcome to MSW - Bluejacket used to carry an excellent 1/96 scale solid hull version but it's been discontinued - every now and then one pops up on Ebay - of course, it's always buyer beware of missing parts/plan sheets/whatever - but at least Bluejacket is still around and active, you would be able to get just about all the parts you need and the owner, Nic, is on this site building the Red Jacket clipper.  Why not tell us a little bit about yourself - previous experience etc, and what led you to this site and the Flying Cloud in particular - the knowledge contained within this site and the members is second to none......Steve M

• 2 months later...

I bought a Flying Cloud wooden model at a garage sale and it appears complete in the original box.  It was made by Sterling Models of Philadelphia, PA, and I don't know how old it is.  It has a 26" length and a 3&3/4" beam and is listed as model #D4.  I have just started it and have not yet finished sanding the hull.  It does seem to be quite complex and I expect to take a year or more to complete it.  Any information, pictures, suggestions or help would be appreciated.

• 6 months later...
On 4/13/2020 at 1:53 AM, AlvinC said:

HI All.

I am looking for a high quality Flying Cloud model kit, and just wondering if there are any brands carry it? except for Mamoli.

Thanks

Hello, as someone who has only purchased one ship kit so far (OcCre), is there something lacking with the Mamoli kits? I found this post after seeing the Mamoli flying fish kit which I thought looked cool, but I'm a novice at this stuff.