Bluenose II Colors? Artesania Latina

hello fellow modelers 

I have started the A.L Bluenose II and as i have done more and more research i am wondering if i should go "off" instructions and actually paint the hull vs the mahogany strips.

I did purchase the "Bluenose" paint package from Model-Expo though i am even unsure if its for II or the original. neither here or there I can always use the colors that came. 

In the instructions it says to paint the upper hull Black, why not Blue? In the pictures it sure looks blue but never mentioned in the instructions to paint it blue and why would you its already black, DUH.

So my question do i go for the Red Bottom and Blue upper and keep the strips for later project or is it one of those "Either Or" decisions. 

Hope everyone is having a great sunday. 

Scooter Stuck at home. 

IMG_5021.HEIC

Edited by Scooter4Travel
tried to add photo

I have a Bluenose 1/96 scale Bluejacket kit waiting on the shelf. That said I have done some research. 
9271DFD1-7977-4468-85BB-EEB4CF419627.png.fa5ee765ddcf25dc7e5f613ed50ee939.png

Here she is bing build. The actual colors are black and red. Bluenose is a term for the Nova Scotians not the color of the schooner. It’s a deep black. I would go with the colors in the paint kit. Both the original Bluenose and Bluenose II were the same colors. Enjoy 😉 

Gallery Photos of My Charles W Morgan 

Currently working on New Bedford Whale Boat

i know that feeling, we were going to Las Vegas in March, Cancelled, then Caribbean for 7 nights, Cancelled, we should be in Germany right now on Viking River, Cancelled. he are Hoping for Alaska this late June. 

At least i have models to build. 

Many Years ago we got lucky while in Bermuda the Tall Sailing Ship Festival just happen to be there. I wish now i had taken more photos. 

2021 should be a great year to go to Lunenburg and visit the Bluenose II. It's the centenary of the launching of Bluenose. I'm sure there will be lots of extra celebration (and probably extra crowds too.)

Current Build - St. Roch, Billing Boats; HMS Agamemnon, Caldercraft (on hold)

Previous Builds - Armed Virginia Sloop, Model Shipways; Constitution, Model Shipways; Rattlesnake, Mamoli; Virginia Privateer, Marine Model Co, restoration; Prince de Neufchatel, Model Shipways; Charles W. Morgan, Model Shipways; Pride of Baltimore II, Model Shipways, Bluenose, Model Shipways (x2); Niagara, Model Shipways; Mayfower, Model Shipways; Shamrock V, Amati; HMS Pegasus, Victory/Amati