The right Hull color for Smuggler

Hey guys - I'm on my second try of hull color for my first build, the Smuggler.  The manual says to use 50:50 Floquil Boxcar Red and Roof Brown.  In looking for a flat reddish brown enamel I came across True North's Flat Royal Navy Hull Red.  After looking at it for a few days, I'm thinking it's too orange.  Any thoughts?  The topside color is Flat Euro Dark Green.

IMG_6873.jpg

Current Builds

Smuggler by Erik Ronnberg

Given the fact that different computers reproduce colors that can vary widely, it's impossible to tell from a photo whether or not the color you see on your hull is the same color I see on my laptop screen. So I wouldn't comment on whether or not it's "right" although it looks very orange to me. I have been using a rattle can paint for the bottoms of my Chesapeake Bay workboat model hulls for the past few years. It's Rustoleum 2X Ultra Cover "flat red primer" which has a reddish-brown color. It's only about $4 a can at Walmart, so you might give it a try on some scrap.

Cheers -

John