Preble Hall Podcast #76 on Barons of the Sea: The Race to Build the World's Fastest Clipper Ship

MEDDO

I just want to give a shout out to this outstanding podcast from the US Naval Academy Museum.

From their website:

"A naval history podcast from Preble Hall - the United States Naval Academy Museum in Annapolis, Maryland. Preble Hall will interview historians, practitioners, military personnel, and other experts on a variety of naval history topics from ancient history to more current events."

The most recent episode is an interview with the author of Barons of the Sea: The Race to Build the World's Fastest Clipper Ship.  It was really interesting.  

I do not listen to every single episode but I do listen to many.  There is a huge array of topics covering for example:

episode 13 Navy Boat Models: Craftsmanship, Techniques & Technologies (with the curator of ship models at the museum)

episode 23 The Colonial Wars

episode 40-41 The US Navy & the Development of High Steam Engines

episode 53 The American Revolution and Naval Irregular Warfare

episode 65 Navy Tattoos and the National Museum of the American Sailor

You can subscribe in your favorite podcast player (I use the built in iPhone podcast player) or listen right from the web page for each individual episode.  Each episode is roughly 30-60 minutes in length and they have broken up longer episodes into parts occasionally.  

I highly recommend this audio series