Constitution by yancovitch - Revell - 1/96 - PLASTIC

it's just a keep in touch log....

am doing the constitution at the moment...thought you'd get a kick out of the fact that i can clip on the two different sterns with magnets....my first effort in trying to paint plastic...hopefully i can do better on the sr....you won't believe, this thing has cost me $2000 cdn.  so far, with all the sails and addons from the czech rep.....plus building the case....

just building what i like, not what's politically correct 🙂...use netting at the bow and changed the windows on the side stern galleries....a bit messy but will clean up and touch up later...wish i had learned about scoring the window frames on acrylic, instead of building them out of wire........so difficult to solder......

i couldn't tolerate tying all those ratlines, my neck and shoulders couldn't handle it at my age, so i made a jig....placed it over the shrouds, and tacked the contacts with gorilla ca.....still trimming to do...

ha...i made the case too narrow...forgot about the stud sail boom, especially on the main mast....will have to shorten it, even thought the  yards are on an angle....par for the course for me....the front glass will slide off to the left to easily change the stern gallery....covering with acrylic plastic for now...easy access.....

now for the sails and running rigging....huff an puff

DSC_9538.JPG

DSC_9537.JPG

DSC_9535.JPG

DSC_9533.JPG

DSC_9532.JPG

DSC_9529.JPG

DSC_9527.JPG

DSC_9582.JPG

DSC_9586.JPG

DSC_9589.JPG

Edited by yancovitch

• 1 month later...

i thank you........it's just that i'm a very lazy and impatient fellow, so i always try to find shortcuts....like the one here for the telltails........ .but it takes some experimenting to make it work well....i just figured out how to do it when i finally finished doing it 🙂..so my results are so so....but they'll get by....

should have used watered down glue to shape and stiffen the sails rather than starch which was suggested to me.....used clear flat acrylic to straighten the telltails  but it left dark spots .......if i had used the thinned glue technique, that wouldn't have been a problem... so on we go....taking a break now, to work on my heller soleil royal....will get back to it this winter.....cheers...

DSC_9680.JPG