New Bedford Whaleboat 1860 by carlo_l - FINISHED - Amati - 1:16 - video log

Hi there!

This is my very first post and I hope I am not breaking some rules.

I would like to share my full log on YouTube on the construction of the Amati New Bedford Whaleboat. 

It does not follow the Amati instruction 100% and I personally took this build to test techniques I have never fully tried 😃

Here all the episodes.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4 (as mention in the video description here the loggerhead is upside down, I noticed that after shooting the videos. Luckily is pretty easy to fix 😃 ) :

Part 5:

Part 6:

Part 7: 

Part 8:

You can find the whole playlist by clicking here

Thanks

Carlo

YouTuber and Blogger talking about the world of model ship making.
You might also know me as Tagliamare 

The first videos showing planking on the bulkheads, then framing, the outer planking are new for me and I see this being a great way to go for very small scale vessels that would have both inside and outside planking.   

Do you complete the outer planking before removing the bulkhead structure or after?  I do not see you actually removing the bulkheads in the video.  I like how you use tape on the bulkheads so any excess glue does not stick the inner planking to these parts.

Thanks for sharing

Allan

Edited by allanyed

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Yes, it's a strange technique I admit that. I would do some steps slightly differently but yes, it might be a very nice technique for small scales. 

The bulkheads were removed after completing the outer planking. 

Thank you Allan 😃

Carlo

YouTuber and Blogger talking about the world of model ship making.
You might also know me as Tagliamare