Black Pearl by Tararasik - Zvezda - 1/72

11 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

Looking excellent,   with  the spars   if you could  make them from wood dowels  - it will   save you in the end  as the plastic ones  will  bend/break from tthe rigging.

OC.

Thanks. I already tested masts and I plan to leave only "lower" masts plastic but with wooden rods inside and replace all the top masts with wooden. As for the spars, I guess it would be easier to make them from scratch than cut them off from the sails ))

I rest a bit from actual building but read a lot about masting and rigging. I already learned a lot of terms, but still there are so many things that I don't understand or rather can't find. Usually I have to go through couple of books to finally find something. Is it usual thing, or I read wrong books?) But I guess it's classic - Anderson, Petersson, Mondfeld. But despite that I managed to build a mizzen mast and topmast.

596007000_IMG_6041Medium.jpeg.71f9c428971e9e47de3b42e8806ccdc0.jpeg696165161_IMG_6040Medium.jpeg.81d16e80714138b9a606dcd458271389.jpeg

19 minutes ago, 72Nova said:

Love the detail you're putting into this, looks fantastic!. I had built my version of this ship in 2004 using the old Revell English Man O war kit.

Michael D.

Thanks for your kind words. I feel like I went a bit too much with the details and now how to rest. Because main improvements I planned for the rigging and it's overwhelming. Do you have photos of your version of BP? I heard that there is another Pirate Ship from Zvezda and only difference is extra decorations like figures on the nose and trunk.

I'm all for adding as much detail as you're capable of. Unfortunately  I've lost all the build progress photos, now keep in mind this is my first kit bash so to speak and my first experimentation with paper sails and rigged out of box. I'd love to have a second crack at it with the kit you have, looks so much better.

All the best Michael D.

1664992813207.jpg1664992764139.jpg1664992755899.jpg

1 hour ago, 72Nova said:

I'm all for adding as much detail as you're capable of. Unfortunately  I've lost all the build progress photos, now keep in mind this is my first kit bash so to speak and my first experimentation with paper sails and rigged out of box. I'd love to have a second crack at it with the kit you have, looks so much better.

All the best Michael D.

1664992813207.jpg1664992764139.jpg1664992755899.jpg

That’s a great result!  Creative way of doing the Pearl — you have to look closely to see that the base kit is the English Man O’ War!

• 2 weeks later...