Jib Topsail downhaul / tack - running and attaching

juhu

Good day again,

am back with my BJ's Smuggler build and another question that may be interesting also in general, so posting it here and asking kindly for a help. I have studied kit instructions, Chapelle's American fishing schooners, Patersson's For and Aft rigging, but have not found the answer:

20220815_074340.jpg.2f028b5c6c596a3a4aaa0163fd0286f2.jpg

As I understand, there are two lines concerned here, green downhaul, attached to the jib topsail top corner that would serve to pull the sail down and tack rope (red) that fixes to sail lower corner. According to kit instructions, both lines then travel aft to the bitts (In the pic above, you see them marked in circled nr. 1. and 3.). My question is, how is done the "fixing point" marked with blue questionmarks?  For a downhaul, there would be a block naturally, but what about tackle? Was there another block or was the line somehow just put through some eyelet? Or shall I use a double block with one hole for downhaul, the other for a tack? As you see, the plan is not very clear here and written instructions says only that it is "self explaining"  from the plan, which for me is not unfortunately. As you see, the jumbo and flying jib do not have this questions, since their lower corner is simply attached to the stay. Thank you for any ideas.

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Completed: Smuggler

I was under the impression that the tack was a fixed length and was not led through a pulley but seized to either the stay or the jib boom at the point where they met.  Once you haul the sail up it will only go as high as the tack allows and there should be no need to then have to haul down on the tack.

Regards,

Henry

Laissez le bon temps rouler ! 

Current Build:  Le Soleil Royal

Completed Build Amerigo Vespucci