1:1200 ship modelling- has anyone ever seen any of John Bowen's models?

Hello all:

I have build a few 1:1200 ship models with varying rates of success. These were mostly built from John Bowen's books, "Miniature Merchant Ships," "More Miniature Merchant Ships," and "Waterline Ship Models." While I value these books extremely... as far as I know, they are all that exist on the subject... they are a little light on process and techniques. Some of his photos of ships in mid-build are little more than blurry snapshots made with a home camera.

I'd love to see some better, higher resolution images of his completed models. Has anyone ever noticed if any of these models ever made it to a museum somewhere? I believe Mr Bowen has passed away, and I've often wondered what happened to his collection of lovely little ships.

Thanks

BG

Sorry I cannot help in your quest, but please accept a warm welcome to MSW BG.   Please post an intro about yourself in the new member section, it may generate more responses.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

• 1 month later...

I also have those books.

You may already know that for many years John was the editor of the quarterly journal Model Shipwright.  He sometimes did drawings for this but I've never seen any photographs of his models.

You may be better asking this question on Dockside.  This is a Message Board which leans heavily towards British 1/1200 Models.  There are some very knowledgable people on there and the history of 1/1200 is often discussed.  If anyone knows they will.

https://members7.boardhost.com/Dockside/index.html?1673993542

Terry