Billings Oseberg BB720 fittings?

Hi all, I have a very old kit of the Billings Oseberg BB720. Unfortunately it comes with pretty average plastic fittings for the head and stern decorative

pieces and also the shields. I have contacted Billings direct in Denmark and can get replacement wooden head and stern pieces. As I live in Australia

the cost is somewhat prohibitive (around $90 AUD). The shields I reckon I can make myself from wood, but these pieces present a totally different 

challenge. I am wondering if anyone has seen these on the market anywhere else. Attached is a picture of the said pieces.

Cheers

Chris.

Clipboard01.jpg

I have a more recent upgraded lit with the laser-cut wood.  Yet my plan is (with miniature decoy carving tools and a head-mounted magnifier) to undercut the high areas as needed to enhance the 3-D of those areas, as well as to clean-up or sharpen the lines and overlaps ... a time consuming process as I don't want to over-cut (or slip).

So you might consider scaling the image from your photo to the exact size needed, then transfer the lines with carbon paper and a fine stylus on to whatever wood sheet you choose for the project.  Then carve away as much as you care to, and you'll have at least as good a piece without much outlay of funds.

Completed builds:  Khufu Solar Barge - 1:72 Woody Joe

Current project(s): Gorch Fock restoration 1:100, Billing Wasa (bust) - 1:100 Billings, Great Harry (bust) 1:88 ex. Sergal 1:65