Bulwarks placement

Go to solution Solved by allanyed,

I would first pre bend the bulwarks OFF the model so that their general shape follows the shape of the hull. Than I would use wood glue (either Titebond or Elmer's Glue All) placed on the edge of the deck and attach the lower edge of the bulwarks to this edge of the deck. To speed up the drying process, I would use a couple of drops of fast drying (gel) CA glue in the forward edge (on the bow) of both bulwarks, as well as in the stern area.

Also, I would use strategically placed rubber bands to keep everything together while the glue dries.

Edited by Dziadeczek

• Solution
6 hours ago, BMT said:

bout to attach the bulwarks to the OcCre Palamos hull's structure.

Bee  

Try posting photos as jpgs or pngs.  They will appear on the post rather than a box (at least on my computer) and more people may look at it.  My first reaction was to ignore your post when I saw the box instead of a photo but I did get it open.    Regarding your dilemma, sorry I have no answer, but it sounds like Dziadeczek has a good method for you to try.    

Allan

Edited by allanyed

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

• 3 weeks later...