11th century viking crew and freight in 1:25

3 hours ago, Louie da fly said:

That's ok. Take your time and concentrate on getting well.

And when you get the time, you'll probably find the diorama work is good therapy in your recovery.

Steven

Thank you Steven but there might not be a recovery. The injury I caused on my shoulder might be permanent. RIght now they are assessing if there is the possibility of a surgery, but that´s not clear and not yet certain about the outcome. I might just have to live with the constant pain. It´s just affecting my job and I (and my manager) try to find another job within the company now so I don´t increase the pain and damage to my shoulder.

Micha

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques - Yves Cousteau.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Build:

"Roar Ege" by Billing Boats - 1:25

On Hold:

n/a

Finished:

n/a

24 minutes ago, Louie da fly said:

Very sorry to hear that, mate. I can only send you my best wishes.

Thank you for your kind words Steven, but it´s not your fault. That´s life and we have to deal with things like that...

Micha

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques - Yves Cousteau.

Current Build:

On Hold:

n/a

Finished:

n/a

Micha,

best wishes to you. Not knowing what exactly is your severe shoulder problem I can say from my own experience that surgery might not be the best solution. My experience is that nowadays the medical system goes to surgery immediately denying any alternative "conservative" treatment by e.g. physiotherapy. In my case it took some time but my injured left shoulder performs now much better after that therapy than my right one in "natural" status. 

Of course I'm not a doctor knowitall. Maybe it's better to think twice before surgery., no offence meant!

In any case, good luck.

greetings

Joachim

27 minutes ago, cotrecerf said:

Micha,

best wishes to you. Not knowing what exactly is your severe shoulder problem I can say from my own experience that surgery might not be the best solution. My experience is that nowadays the medical system goes to surgery immediately denying any alternative "conservative" treatment by e.g. physiotherapy. In my case it took some time but my injured left shoulder performs now much better after that therapy than my right one in "natural" status. 

Of course I'm not a doctor knowitall. Maybe it's better to think twice before surgery., no offence meant!

In any case, good luck.

No offense taken and I agree Joachim. I`m not a fan of surgery at all, my GP also told me already to wait what the hospital says but he is also not a fan of surgery, he told me already that there is even a 50% chance that my shoulder completely stiffens up which wouldn´t be a benefit at all. Physio I tried already, made it even worse. Right now they think it might be an impingement of the shoulder but that is not certain yet. I had x-ray and might even get a MRI. We will see what times bring but I don´t really want a surgery and when I can get a different job within the company I will definitely not do the surgery.

Micha

P.S. Liebe Grüsse an meine alte Heimat (Land).

Current Build:

On Hold:

n/a

Finished:

n/a

5 minutes ago, Cathead said:

Gute Besserung, Micha. 

Thank you Eric, I´m wondering how many here speak German lol...

Micha

Current Build:

On Hold:

n/a

Finished:

n/a

Posted (edited)

Try HeroForge for figures. You can design your own figures and download the STL to 3D print yourself or have them 3D print them for you. These figures tend to be used for wargaming but you can make them with or without weapons in lots of different poses. By default, the 'human' species figures can look a bit unbalanced. The head and hands are too big. There is no slider for hand size, and the slider for head size starts as low as it can go. The fix is simple: increase height. Bringing the height slider up to 7'— one inch under XL size— does not scale up the size of the head and hands, making everything look much more natural. There are many options for clothing, helmets and gear. Prepare to spend a few hours exploring but you can make lots of figures in different poses. Try a Google image search for "Heroforge Viking" to see what others have done.

Edited by Tossedman