Corel Sloup

I can't seem to find out much info at all on the Corel sloup kit.

Can anybody tell me more, like POB or POF ? Decent instructions? Materials?

The Corel site doesn't tell me much. I think it's a cool looking little fishing boat I'd like to build, but I'd like to know more before plunking down the cash.

Corel Sloup

Tim

"That's a fine looking pair of oars you got there, Sir"

" 'em aint 'ores --- that's me wife and me daughter! "
  :o

Current build:   Glad Tidings Pinky Schooner

Past builds:  1:1  Stick-Up Sharpie Build

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack by Timo4352 - Midwest Products - SMALL - First time builder

Gunning Dory sail & oar boat 1:1
Future Build:   Scratch built Mower Dory  -  scale undetermined yet             

another future build:   Martha - Chesapeake draketail    

Hi Tim:

I've built the Corel Sloop - it is plank-on-bulkhead. It's relatively large scale allows for a lot of detailing, though since it was my first pob build I stuck to building it out of the box. The wood that came with the kit was very nice, the plans were nice and clear and as long as you don't mind using plans instead of instructions you'll have fun making this one. Last I checked it was on sale through Model Expo for a really good price 60-something if memory serves....

Anyway, I think you'll enjoy building it. Here's a shot of mine - the only one I have apparently......

hamilton

post-304-0-27278100-1398147712_thumb.jpg

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780); Admiralty models Echo cross-section (semi-scratch)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch); Off-Centre Sailing Skiff (scratch)

under the bench: MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

It is currently under construction at the shipyard here.

Info from Hamilton totally matches my impression.  Instructions are very basic, wood and plans are excellent.

There are a lot of curves in the hull and there is no plank cutting plan (as comes with the Pinky).

Wish I had used bigger filler blocks......had to use a lot of wood filler and sandpaper after first planking and am now starting on second layer.

Note that premade sails are included!

The Sloup builds up into a nice big model.

Edited by jbford

Tim,

I had started building this model once before, had the hull planked and painted and part of the decking when disaster struck.  Sort of like humpty dumpty.  It was a rather violent end, as after the second planking, the hull could be used as a lethal weapon.  There are lots of photos of these boats on line and again, I plan on making a lot of changes. The boat is about 12" long and 4.5" wide.

Also, the wood that comes with Corel models is always nice. 

Dee Dee

(Update:  I'm almost done with my build, here are some photos.)

post-206-0-51880000-1443305128_thumb.jpg

post-206-0-81867800-1443304864_thumb.jpg

post-206-0-78373800-1443304863_thumb.jpg

post-206-0-93915100-1443304961_thumb.jpg

post-206-0-86069500-1443305060_thumb.jpg

post-206-0-14404300-1443305062_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dee_Dee

Current Build

- Glad Tidings -MS  

Completed Builds

- Dragon - Corel - One design International Class Yacht

- Sloup Coquillier / Shell Fish Sloop - Corel - Based on 'Bergere de Domremy / Shepherdess from Domremy

- Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack - Scratch build based on drawings from Chapelle's book "American Small Sailing Craft" 

On the Shelf

- Gretel-Mamoli     - Emma C. Berry-MS    - Chesapeake Bay Pilot Boat, Semi-scratch 

Find yourself hoping you never reach your destination