Anyone have this rigging line? AL8806

I need more .25mm brown cotton thread rigging line for a Artesania Latina US Constellation kit i'm trying to finish. It's an older kit(10+yrs) but I believe the thread hasn't changed. I bought some from a source in the UK but when it arrived it was obviously not what the packaging said it was. It is actually .15mm(too smal)  and I'm having a hard time finding the correct line. Does anyone out there have some of this that they are willing to sell and ship to the USA? Any help is appreciated as this has my project on hold until I can get more.

John

John,

Do two things... :)   

PM me your mailing addy and I'll ship you all the AL line from the kit.   I was cleaning the shop and about to throw it out.. so I can ship it on Monday.  I used Amati and others for my Constellation.  

Second.. how about opening a build log.  Lots of people have built this kit but there's next to nothing for logs.  post-76-0-99471200-1402191630.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Azzoun,

There's 3 kits and one scratch.  My build is a bash into the 1854 Sloop of War and the scratch is the same (only much better and RC).

The other two are:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/6261-uss-constellation-by-jlheureux-al-185

and http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/6671-us-constellation-by-johnny-v-al-bashed-scale-185-1798-2nd-real-wooden-ship-build

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Mark,

PM sent and thanks!  Keep in mind I have already completed most of the fixed rigging using the brown thread supplied in the kit. My big issue is getting more .25mm thread that will match.

Gary,

Thanks for the link. I checked over that site and couldn't find the correct line that I'm looking for. It seems to be the theme with this stuff. I've gone as far as contacting Artesania Latina directly through their web site and am still waiting for a definite answer from them. Every site I look on has everything BUT what I need.  

As for a build log, I would have to begin at the point I'm at now which is a completed hull, masts set, all but one yard set and most of the fixed rigging completed. I don't know how much help that will be for someone just beginning the build. Add to that that this is only my second project so I'm just a beginner trying to make it look good and not so technically correct. I do enjoy it though, as I'm sure you all do as well. Build on!

John

post-13670-0-74662700-1402236013_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jetwrench

The only place that sells AL parts/line/fittings that I'm aware of is Tower Hobbies. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=BJA for the models and http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=BJZ for the parts, etc.  They also carry the Constructo hardware/fittings, etc.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Mod Mark, I just got your package today.

It saddens me to say that after searching for this rigging thread for 5-6 weeks with no luck and hoping you would have it, I have come to this conclusion...

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

I'M AN IDIOT FOR NOT CHECKING HERE FIRST!!!

JACKPOT!!!

Mark, You made my day!   Really!   If I can be of help to you or another member here, please let me know.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!

John

John,

I'm glad I had the right stuff on hand.  Have fun with it.    I found out a long time ago that MSW is best tool in my toolbox.  I hope it becomes the best tool in yours.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds: