18th-Century Merchantman Half-Hull Planking Project by mtaylor - NRG

I've decided to pause my other projects since as a result of my stroke my memory has failed in some areas.  Mostly it's working but some things are gone forever like "how to plank" while other things are coming back to me.  So, after much thought, I've ordered the NRG Planking Project.   I've downloaded the manual and am reading through it.  The kit should be here this coming weekend.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I hope you enjoy it, Mark.  Last Fall I had a group of six modelers who I assisted with the kit, getting together for a half-day, every other week.  It was a lot of fun for all of us.

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

• 2 weeks later...

Very brief update.  Thanks for the likes.  The kit came in Monday and I've spent the last few days re-reading the instructions with the kit in hand and clearing my work area.   I hope to have progress on the actual building later this week.  

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• The title was changed to 18th-Century Merchantman Half-Hull Planking Project by mtaylor - NRG
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally an update.   I'm reading and re-reading the instructions and looking at other logs of this ship.   And I currently have all the framing (I think) done.   About to start marking the top lines of the frames.   Hopefully I get more time to spend on this project but seems real life keeps dragging me off.

DSCF3003.thumb.JPG.4d1ab505cabb0cd82199bbeac7b28018.JPG

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Great way to rekindle those memories Mark; good luck with this project. 

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)