Continuation

post-215-0-11228200-1364592736_thumb.jpg

Edited by Garward

Best regards,

Garward

Is under construction Montanes

Ready models Golden Star Corsair San Francisco II

Bronze 24-pdr canone Le Fleuron

Bronze 24-pdr canone Le Fleuron (second version)

Continuation

post-215-0-02190500-1364592865_thumb.jpg

Edited by Garward

Best regards,

Garward

Garward, this is great stuff as usual. Is the drill you are using for the treenails one of the Chinese ones which will take 0.7mm drill bits? Or can it take a smaller bit.

Also, I don't see any wires coming out of the drill. Have you managed to place a battery inside the casing? Or are there wires running into it?

Tony

Garward, this is great stuff as usual. Is the drill you are using for the treenails one of the Chinese ones which will take 0.7mm drill bits? Or can it take a smaller bit.

Also, I don't see any wires coming out of the drill. Have you managed to place a battery inside the casing? Or are there wires running into it?

Tony

Thanks for the comment! It is technology of the known modeller Alexey Baranov for imitation of nails and seams between boards of a deck flooring . Drills can be various if only well drilled. The drill works from an external source, simply the photo is taken so that wires it isn't visible.

Best regards,

Garward

I also like the Russian method with a needle a lot; Fast, very precise and realistic. Also: you use the wood for bolts - same as in the reality.

Please, see my link where I explained it too:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/911-de-zeven-provinciën-by-dražen-carić-scale-1-45-1665/?p=16266

Dražen

There are no boundaries...

… besides those we set for ourselves.

This is probably a question I should know the answer to, but once the needle is drilled into wood to make the treenail, how is the treenail removed from the needle?

(It is obvious I have not yet tried the method, otherwise I am sure I would know the answer!)

Tony