Stropping blocks using wire

jdbradford

I am trying to simulate the boom tackle on my Endeavor J-class and wondered how others stropped the blocks using wire.  I tried to recreate one tonight, but was unable to figure a way to get the "eye" created and then keep it secured to the tiny block.

Thanks,

Jeff

Current Build:       Model Shipways MS2015 - Fair American Kit bash

Previous Build:     J-Class Endeavor

Jeff, is the strop on the real block "buried" in the block or on the outside?  I have  built blocks for buried stropping in layers and if they are really tiny, I have drilled holes to bury the wire versus using a strap, leaving enough out to for an eye. These have been for schooners from 100 years ago.  I do not know if this would be appropriate for the J boats, even the oldest ones.  Is the following the type you need to make?

Allan

post-42-0-09133000-1410950293.jpg

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU