Welcome to Model Ship World
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Internal Dimensions for display case for Caldecraft Endeavour

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

clogger

clogger
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA
Can someone let me know the recommended internal dimensions of a display case for the Caldecraft Endeavour 1/64 scale ship? I'm making a wooden glass display case but haven't yet completed the model.
  • donrobinson likes this

Jaager

Jaager
  • Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationNorfolk VA

If I remember correctly:  width : 1 inch wider on each side than the width of the main yard and 2 inches beyond the jib and mizzen boom.

So, 2 inches wider than the widest part of the model and 4 inches longer. 

I suspect things are different for miniature scale, but your model is 42% of museum scale in volume and 75% in length and width.

Perhaps 1.5" and 3" would work.

• mtaylor and donrobinson like this

clogger

clogger
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA

Thanks for that Jaager.

ccoyle

ccoyle

• Moderators
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationGreenville, South Carolina

Don't forget to add a couple of inches to the case for height and to include the base & pedestals in your overall height measurement for the model.

Chris Coyle
Greenville, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

druxey

druxey
  • Members
  • 4,773 posts
  • LocationNiagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada

May I recommend a case with a door in the end? I've had to repair too many models (not my own!) that had their tophamper damaged while a case was lowered over the model. It's much easier and safer to slide the model in....

• mtaylor, oneslim, Jaxboat and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome GUEST to the Model Ship World Community.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER to use all of our feautures.