New member ,looking for plans for HMS Vanguard

ChrisE

Hello, all in the guild. I'm Chris, a new member as of Sept. 2017.  I've been in model shipbuilding since the later 1990's and have built to date a dozen tall ships and service craft.  Recently, I purchased a Mantua model of the HMS Vanguard in 1/98 on e-bay. This isn't my first venture into purchasing already started models, but my first with a problem. No plan sheets in the box.  Does anyone out there have a plan set left over from an already finished model, or willing to print me a copy? Gladly willing to pay for your expenses. thanks for the invite into your group. ChrisE

Chris, welcome to MSW.  Have you contacted Mantua yet?  https://www.mantuamodel.co.uk/

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome to MSW Chris! I would do as Mark has suggested and contact Mantua. Most of the manufacturers are good at providing missing pats and instructions to their kits. Plus then you know you have exactly what is missing. Good luck to you when you start working on her.

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply, EJ_L. I've been in contact with Mantua.UK, about plan set, but events seem to be in slow motion. Guess it'll get here eventually. Going back to the Victory kit I bought online, there seems to be more missing than there is in the box. Oh well, live and learn. No wonder the kit was so cheap,($87). Guess this is going to be my first near-scratch build.

:piratebo5:

Most warm welcome Chris.

Why I can not find any Mantua Vanguard kit anywhere? I've seen only a Victory Models  (Amati) Vanguard. You sure of your information?

Could you post a photo of the box?

Best regards

Ulises

Edit. I just re-read the thread and notice that in one post you say Vanguard and in the next, Victory. :o

Edited by Ulises Victoria

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!