Santisima Trinidad by BLACK VIKING - De Agostini - cross-section

Hi all now I have finished my build of the Soleil Royal I thought I would start this one. The X section comes with the kit of the whole ship which is quite cool but I will start that one probably in the winter. I have made a start on building the ribs by putting them on the kell as you can see I have been building it outside because of the lovely weather we are having at the moment. Once dry the inner planks have been glued into place and the mast foot fitted . I decided to plank over the mast foot as staining it didn't look right. Next job making the lumber board and strake which was a lot more fiddley than I was anticipating but turned out ok . Hopefully tomorrow I will start filling up the area with bits and bobs 

Martyn

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Martyn,

Brought my chair. Nice start.

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

You are most welcome Michael the popcorn is on the right  :D looking at mine it only has two ribs instead of three like yours no real problem but a bit strange. I am now trying to work out where the wires are going to go for the lights  😎 as I am useless at  electrickry  :default_wallbash:

Martyn

Thanks for all the likes and comments 

A bit more fiddling about with the Trinny X section. I want the hold to look cluttered and a bit used so have built a rack for some wood and made a couple of buckets. The barrels have been painted and aged but there are only two of them so have ordered some more. I didn't use the supplied ballast but got some from my local model shop which looks much more to scale. Next job on the list making the lanterns. 

Thanks for following 

Martyn

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi all a bit more work done on the Triny 

I have made the lantern by using some tube from a paint brush and some plastic card. The card was stamped out with a leather punch and glued to the top of the tube a small hole was drilled to get the led inside a small circle of plastic was glued to the bottom. A small piece of plastic strip was glued to the sides.The lantern was painted with gunbolt silver and fitted to the beam . Next job the orlop deck . This was planked and glued to the beams the sides were planked as per instructions. To add a bit more interest I decided to make the surgeons office so once the side walls were built I made a roll top desk and chair with a few bottles of potions. Next job on the list more lanterns for this deck 

See you soon 

Martyn

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks for the likes guys .Disaster has struck the Triny 

My son and I wired up the lights in the hold and Orlop deck . They looked great for about 20 seconds then pop they all burnt out  :default_wallbash: I haven't a clue how it happened as they were wired up with resisters and a 3 volt battery pack. My problem is going to be changeing the one in the hold as the Orlop deck is glued down. Lots of head scratching to come 

Martyn 

Martyn,

Sorry to read about your problems with the lights - Ouch!! I assume, that you will contact the vendor - hoping that he rectifies the issue.

Too bad about the already installed hold lantern.

Michael

Under the table:

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Hi all back on track with the Triny 

The new lights have been fitted. The lights on the Orlop deck where no problem but the one in the hold was a real pain with no room and the deck fitted over the top of the wires . The only way to put the lantern in was to run the wires behind the central beam but as this kit is seen from the front they won't be seen.

i have started rigging the guns on the lower gun deck. These were fitted with cut down blocks and rigged to the eye bolts.

i then made some tables to go in between the guns and made some trenchers and a bottle of veno with some mugs.

Next job rigging the guns on the other side.

Thanks for following 

Martyn

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Martyn,

I sure am enjoying looking at all the extra bits that you are adding to your build.

I think that I will copy your table idea. Can I order those bottles of beer at OddBins? :D

I so remember those wonderful shops when I was working and living in the UK for about two years in the mid 90s

Michael

Under the table:

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the likes.

A bit more work on the X section. The next deck installed and the guns fitted. A table was placed between the guns and some hammocks hung from the beams. A lantern was wired in and the wires led down the side of the hull. Next job gluing the next deck on. 

Thanks for following 

Martyn

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Martyn, looks like I missed a lot of this one but, I must say that you have done very well on her. Excellent details and I'm glad you have gotten you lighting problem fixed. Looking forward to seeing her lit up. I'll be sure to hang around to see her through to the end! Well done!!

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

• 2 weeks later...

Martyn,

She's really coming along - so like all of the extra added details and bits.

Cheers,

Michael

Under the table:

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

• 1 month later...

Martyn,

Super nice -- all of your extra details AND the lights make this one really special - Gongrats

Regards,

Michael

Under the table:

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -