Greetings from a new member

No longer a youth and now retired with some spare time. As a kid I built plastic models voraciously. My allowance always went to it. Loved the WWl bi-planes and WWll props. I also liked ships and built several Constitutions, Viking ships, Biremes and so on, all in plastic.  A few years back I tried briefly to build the Harriet Lane but got a kit with zero instructions. I didn’t really have time to dedicate to it so it was definitely a failure. 

I did did a little more research this time and decided on the Dusek Gokstad Viking ship for a first build. I am quite pleased with it so far. I started to build it before I discovered the “Build Log”. Next time I will do that right. As I am ready right now to start some planking. I have looked at others build logs and they have been a wealth of information. I am taking my time and doing it slowly, reading the instructions, making sure I understand the step and going piece by piece. My teenage Granddaughter has decided she wants to help so it may just turn into a joint project. Hopefully it will turn out well and if so I will buy two kits next time and we can compete.

well that’s enough for now, hello to all from Arkansas

Edited by Vongreg
Spellcheck

Greg.

Welcome to MSW.  I'd like to suggest that you go ahead do a build log.  Start it from where you are now.  You'll get feedback and help as needed.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I'm retired too! My teenage granddaughter is training to be a combat medic at fort Sam Houston. But I do have a 'busy fingers' five year old grandson who watches what I do. I have learned over the years the best way to learn is to teach. Enjoy the best hobby on the planet.