HMS Winchelsea 1764 by SRC 1:48

Lets call this my "soft opening" of my build for the Winchelsea. I have another build to finish so it will be a few weeks before I break ground officially. There is also going to be some ...... discussion.....with Better Half about the size of this build. 😀  I like the 1/4" scale as it is close enough to the Enterprise build one will get a comparison. That being said, since I want to build this rigged rather than Admiralty, there is a possibility I will be scaling down to 1/72. Time will tell, I am not concerned about it at the moment.

One question, I saw somewhere and I do not recall where. What is the sheet size for the plans? 36 x something I seem to recall. I will be going in to my work next week to print the plans up. We have a wide format 72" printer available as well as a 72" plotter both have a feature that will let me cut templates as needed. I think all I will have to do is print at 100% and check the scale, but I dont run the printer and the guy who normally would is permanently unavailable you might say.

Until then, everybody stay healthy and I will see you here soon.

Best,

Sam

Current Build Constructo Enterprise

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jeff. I have access to a wide format printer at work. I had to go in Monday to check on roof leaks so was able to get them printed on some butcher paper for starters. Waiting for the bosses approval and an excuse to go back in (we are not considered an "essential" business) then I'll print on something more durable. We have some white vinyl that might work or I'll run it through the laminator. First things first, have to convince Better half we have a place to put this once it's complete. I may have to scale down to 1/72. That will be a disappointment.

Sam

Current Build Constructo Enterprise