HMS Terror by Opa47 - OcCre - 1:75

This is not my first ship build but it is about 40 years since my last one. My first was a 35" plastic Cutty Sark, no sails but full rigging. Most enjoyable part was the rigging. Since then I've done a wooden Robert E Lee, river boat, and the Bluenose. Being isolated at home now I decided I'd like to try one again. I pick the Terror but, really wanted to build it as it was originally built, a bomb vessel. I started doing so research on it, actually received so help from this site. By the time I recieved the kit I still hadn't been able to find all the information I needed. Wife was getting upset because I got it to keep busy but wasn't doing anything with it. So I've decided to go ahead and start on it and once finished do some more research and try the original from scratch.

Once I got started I forgot to start taking pictures or start a log. So I'll start a log now and include what pictures I do have. I've finished the first planking. Now I remember why it's been nearly 40 years since last build. I hate planking.

I hope you will point out any mistakes I make or correction I need to make. I welcome criticism, how else will you learn.

20200409_151753.jpg

20200411_171452.jpg

20200411_184530.jpg

20200411_184544.jpg

20200411_184629.jpg

20200411_184649.jpg

1 minute ago, Opa47 said:

So I've decided to go ahead and start on it and once finished do some more research and try the original from scratch.

Good choice, methinks. No doubt substantial modifications were made to the original to configure her for exploration, and retrofitting the kit would probably have been as much work as building the bomb vessel from scratch. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Salmson 2, Speeljacht