*Upright* Ship in Bottle Kit?

I'm looking to bash one of my cheap ship in a bottle kits to be a pirate ship in a Crystal Head vodka bottle. Now I've made one ship in a bottle already, and was quite successful, especially for a first attempt. However, that was in a horizontal bottle. When made in a vertical bottle, is there any difference, other than making sure it's really secure, then pulling the string straight up?

If anyone knows of a dirt cheap vertical kit, that'd be really helpful. Or if it's permissable to share the manual for either Woody Joe upright kit, that could help

don't know how much of help, but pictures of the Woody Joe manuals are published as thumbnails on the right of their product page:

https://www.zootoyz.jp/contents/en-us/p1075_Woody_JOE_Ship_in_Bottle_Kit_SANTA_MARIA_Wooden_Sailing_Ship_Model.html

Past builds: Prins Willem,  Amati Coca

Current Build: Occre Diana

• 4 months later...
On 7/7/2020 at 7:28 AM, Origamifan92 said:

I'm looking to bash one of my cheap ship in a bottle kits to be a pirate ship in a Crystal Head vodka bottle. Now I've made one ship in a bottle already, and was quite successful, especially for a first attempt. However, that was in a horizontal bottle. When made in a vertical bottle, is there any difference, other than making sure it's really secure, then pulling the string straight up?

If anyone knows of a dirt cheap vertical kit, that'd be really helpful. Or if it's permissable to share the manual for either Woody Joe upright kit, that could help

Agree with the Woody joe santa maria.  The only other vertical SIB kits I know are not currently made anymore, and were made by Imai: The Golden Hind, Winston Churchill, and Santa Maria.  and those were nice models, not exactly dirt cheap.  You might be able to find them on eBay or similar.  Although in some editions the instructions are only in japanese.

Hi. I used to  build ships in bottles many years before. 
 So once, I accepted the challenge to built a ship in a vertical bottle and because I was young and impatient, the result came up rather poor.
But  allow me to say these.
The method is the same as in a horizontal bottle, although you had to transform a bit your tools. And  you are not "pulling the string straight up"...
Back then, all of my strings were either "dead" (no pieces to pull outside the bottle) or there were only a few, that were going in holes in the bowsprit from above and were coming out from beneath. 
So after they were glued, I had to "push the strings down"  before to cut them. For this I was using an ombrela's rib properly shaped, keeping each string down while I was cutting it with another tool.
Last advice, the old one. Choosing the bottle make the test and try to read a piece of news paper through the glass. If you can read the most of it, the bottle passes the test, otherwise it will hide your work.
Thank you

shipinbottle.JPG.f314d1e2675bcb332a3eb9bea8a61585.JPG