Beware ordering Trident Alert...no refunds and order cancelled!!!

Wormwood, welcome to MSW.   You should introduce yourself to the forum in the area we have set up for it here.  

https://modelshipworld.com/forum/3-new-member-introductions/

As this is your first post,  it is customary to do so.  

However I appreciate you giving us details of your transactions with Trident.  It certainly doesnt sound good at all.   I have read on SOS that there are many folks who have had their orders cancelled without warning and they have not gotten their money back.   This is for the new Alert kit.   I would recommend that everyone be very cautious and certainly wait before placing an order.  You dont want to get in the middle of a bad situation.   I dont quite understand the situation but as far as I have been told and what I have read on SOS,  its not a very good situation.  I hope it worksd out for you and you get your money back.   As it is China....I am not sure what if any protections you might have.  Maybe through your CC company.  

Thanks for letting us know and keep us updated.  I edited the title of this topic so folks more readily know what it is about.

Chuck

Ive been on the SOS waiting list for a long time and some are getting there kits but there are a few which are smashed and Trident want more money to send out a new one before refunding old smashed one. They say to trust them but I really dont. 

My order was just cancelled without notice and no refund given.

A few of us are talking about it and I might claim with my CC company against them.

Wormwood, I like to Welcome you to MSW.
I have heard similar stories regarding lots of small freight from China, not only small but large packages getting damage and no one will step up to rectify the losses.
Instead they are asking for more money instead of just shipping out a new batch, this applies to electronics as well.
I guess this has something with the trade war between US/Europe and China. But now their aim is also towards end customers.
Hope your situation will work out, and that your CC company will step up as well.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

24 minutes ago, Nirvana said:

Wormwood, I like to Welcome you to MSW.
I have heard similar stories regarding lots of small freight from China, not only small but large packages getting damage and no one will step up to rectify the losses.
Instead they are asking for more money instead of just shipping out a new batch, this applies to electronics as well.
I guess this has something with the trade war between US/Europe and China. But now their aim is also towards end customers.
Hope your situation will work out, and that your CC company will step up as well.

This is the only response I have been able to get from Trident. It doesnt have anything to do with the shipping company

The platform believes that we have violated the principle of fair trade. Violation of platform regulations. Unable to carry out normal sales activities for the time being. We are communicating with the platform. Please wait a moment. The first batch of kit sent out will not be affected.

Everything is just sketchy and Trident want more money to ship another before refund from first is given back. My CC issuer needs to investigate and they said it will take time. I just cant afford this and it looks dodgy.

Thats bad.....Trident has been accused of violating free trade?   That sounds very very serious indeed.   Accused by who?  It all does sound a bit shady.   I wouldnt touch this with a ten foot pole.   Maybe cut your losses and buy the CAF Coureur instead.   Get your refund but I wouldnt send them any more money.   I am 100% certain that you would be better off with CAF as they actually have their own website.   I am not sure how you would even contact Trident without them having a website.

Trident Model is a member here on MSW and I will ask them to respond.   I must unfortunately also mention that my last two private messages to Trident some weeks ago went unanswered so we shall see.   

Keep us posted.

Wormwood, I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Trident Alert kit from China.  It sounds like Trident is being investigated for violation of fair trade.  I would not send them more money as I do not see how this would help the situation.  You have been given good advice in the above comments.  I hope you get your money back through your credit card company.  Unfortunately, my experience is this will take a long time before it is fully resolved.  Good luck on this.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat