New user with (what I assume is) a basic question!

Hi all! I'm about to try out my first ship model, and had a question about Photo-Etched or Detail Parts.

I've chosen the 1/350 Tamiya Yukikaze, which comes with a small sheet of PE parts... I was considering it a test-bed for my abilities, and also for discovering what PE parts are like to build with.

My question is; can I use PE parts meant for Fujimi or Hasegawa 1/350 Yukikaze models on the Tamiya model? Does anyone know if the proportions are slightly different, or is it really oranges and oranges? (Probably not)

Any info would be appreciated, and thank in advance!

They're probably not identical sets in terms of what's included and what isn't, but if they include some of the same items, say grab rails for instance, then those parts should be interchangeable, assuming the sets are for the same time period. It's not uncommon for the plastic masters to buy multiple PE sets and then pick-and-choose which parts they will use from each set.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Salmson 2, Speeljacht

21 hours ago, ccoyle said:

They're probably not identical sets in terms of what's included and what isn't, but if they include some of the same items, say grab rails for instance, then those parts should be interchangeable, assuming the sets are for the same time period. It's not uncommon for the plastic masters to buy multiple PE sets and then pick-and-choose which parts they will use from each set.

Thanks for the tip, Chris! Maybe I will try to pick-and-choose as well!