HIJMS MIKASA 1902 by Jeff59 - FINISHED - HobbyBoss - 1/200 - PLASTIC

On 5/2/2024 at 4:37 PM, Tim Moore said:

Stupendous result Jeff! What an awesome model. A lot of painstaking work I know but you really brought it home. 

Thanks Tim, hope you revisit your own build and repair whatever damage she had. Definitely worth finishing 👍Hope my Son can look at this for many years after l am pushing up the daisies. 😂

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 6:52 PM, Herby63 said:

Congratulations with the marvelous model, the inspiring buildlog and the many trophys

Thanks very much Herby, glad the build log is helpful to you, sometimes not very good with the way l wright or word things, not the sharpest cookie in the world but always liked working with my hands, always going back and fixing grammar and spelling mistakes 🙄 Trophies, think someone was smiling down on me there. 😊

Edited by Jeff59

On 5/3/2024 at 6:42 AM, madtatt said:

Oh, there was already some information from you that helped me with my model. Of course, it is always much easier and requires less research when you can use such a detailed report. Funnily enough, it was user CDW's model that brought me to the Mikasa. And don't worry, I'm not a fan of quick construction, I worked on my Battleship Bismarck for almost two and a half years.
So thank you again for sharing this report with us.

That’s a coincidence madtatt, my next planned build is the 1/200 Trumpeter Bismarck, for my youngest Son Rory, think l shall be much more in my comfort zone with this, as a child this was always my favourite looking battleship and still is, bit like how l always liked the Tiger Tank IV, bought myself an Airfix Spitfire 1/24 scale a the show so shall be tinkering with this at same time, might be a couple of months down the road though, need a rest, wife says 😂 Best for you on your build, l shall always remember this as a difficult challenge but a rewarding one, again thanks very much. 🤛