Jylland Fregatten

Pierre12

I found and old model from VHT of this vessel.  The haul is in good shape but the rigging is all destroyed.  I would like to put it back together.  I asked the model company but they do not have the plans anymore.  Does  anyone have some sort of diagram / instruction which would indicate from where to where the cables and ropes are supposed to run and what type of pulley are to be installed, and so on?  If someone still has the old plans, that would be wonderful!

Any help will be appreciated!

With advanced thanks.

Pierre, the Jylland is a museum ship (if we are talking about the same vessel).  You could try contacting them.  Also, if I recall correctly someone recently posted about the plans for this ship being available in the Danish online digital collection - not sure if the plans include a rigging or belaying plan though.  Hopefully, someone will recall that post and relink it for you.

I am currently working on a steam-screw vessel of the same period.  What I am finding in researching her, in particular the rigging, is that more so than in earlier times, the rigging differed significantly between ships and only conforming with the broad rigging  plans for steam vessels of this period.

Good luck

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Are VHT and Billings the same company?  This topic made me wonder why one of my propose fittings kits purchases from Billings has a VHT sticker. The ship kit the fittings kit is for is the Jylland, No. 465?  I am beginning to wonder if those fittings will work with the Jylland, No 465, because of it being VHT branded.