Santa Ana by runner63 - Artesania Latina

This is a place holder for my Santa Ana build that I started on MSW1. The build was started in 2011 and the last construction was in January of 2012, the ship is patient and has been sitting in my shop since then waiting for me come back and finish it.

When I stopped work in January of 2012 I told my self it was because I wanted to work on my genealogy, which I did.

In reality it was because I could not see the work due to cataracts in both eyes, over the last month I have had surgery to fix this problem and am now going to start work on and finish Santa Ana.

Runner 63

John

Western Missouri USA

post-541-0-67848100-1373825263_thumb.jpg

John,

Looking forward to your build and will be following along!

Eddie

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde</strong></span></p><br />

<p> </p><br />

<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/2720-elsie-by-4whelr-modelshipways/#entry73752'>http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/2720-elsie-by-4whelr-modelshipways/#entry73752</a>'><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Current Build - Elsie</strong></span></a>

Fantastic John!

I am glad to hear your back on the build and am looking forward to your log as I quite fancy this kit.It is quite a bit of a different vessel to the norm.

Kind Regards Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I started building mine, will start posting photos shortly on my return from a trip abroad.

The kit is very good, wood and fittings of high quality. However, I will do a heavy kit-bashing. The hull is single planked, so decided to make it double. I have a good stock of 2x5mm surplus basswood strips that used for the first planking and will start with the second layer on my return.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As of this date, Aug 8, 2016, nothing has been done sine I said I was going to get back to the build. In truth I got hooked on genealogy, I have traced my linage back to early 1600's in Germany and have been working on it and other members of my family and friends.

I REALLY DO NEED TO GET THE SHIP FINISHED.

someday

John

Hi John, there is nothing like a good old distraction when you hit a dead spot on the build and it seems like progress is slow. If you can get back to the build after such a long absence, you are a better man than me. I have to stay with it. I might take a break for a couple of weeks, but if I stopped the build for a couple of months much less a couple of years, I would never finish it and it would be one of those half finished models being drug from pillar to post only to either be offered on Craigslist or ebay by my widow. I have a rule, to either spend an hour a day on the model build or research on the model in question, or laying out parts for future add on's. Most start a build like the Victory or Santa Ana, which is about as close to the Victory as you can get not realizing the Santa Ana like the Victory requires a commitment of at least 5 years. Some can build it quicker, but most either take the 5 years or never finish it at all. I hope you don't become one of those never finishers and get to crackin on that model, she deserves to be finished.

Good luck,

mike