Colorado Anglers 102 Vice

Go to solution Solved by Bill Hudson,

I sometimes use a fly tying vise for some rigging procedures. It looks like this vise has an adjustment nut that will rotate in and out. This allows you to use larger or smaller hooks- if you are tying flies. Depending upon where you have the nut set, when you lock the lever in place the jaws will either close or be slightly open or wider open. You therefore control how closed the jaws are by rotating the nut to the appropriate place - with a bit of trial and error.

Hope that helps.

-‐-‐--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Build Hayling Hoy 1760 - First POF scratch build

Completed HMB Endeavour's Longboat by Artesania Latina

Completed HM Armed Cutter Alert by Vanguard Models

Completed 18ft cutter and 34ft launch by Vanguard Models

Completed Pen Duick by Artesania Latina

• Solution

I can't tell from your pictures but I believe this vise has a lever at the rear that can be pushed down to draw the jaws tight. If they jaws do not tighten as much as you would like you should able be able to screw the leaver in to draw the jaws closer. I have used seven different fly vises for model making. Depending on how heavy the vice is constructed you can clamp a thin metal piece in the jaws to aid in filing detail. It is also a handy aid for rigging. This not a top of the line vise, probably around $25.  But is looks fairly rugged. 

Fall down nine times, get up ten.