Looking for a good "starter" pin vise set

Bump what everyone said above. What I found was the sets that cost $20 or so from Amazon have a good hand drill, the set of micro bits… that’s where I had issues. So, I bought the smaller bits separate in packs of 10 as I broke the originals (or deemed them useless). The bits you can buy are WAY superior to the bits that come in a kit.

Dave

Current builds: Rattlesnake

Completed builds: Lady Nelson

On the shelf: NRG Half Hull Project, Various metal, plastic and paper models

Thank you gentlemen , for your valued and advice and experience it is much appreciated . I stumbled across this topic and started reading the 

posts due to the pin vice I bought from a local supplier here in Montreal "slips" meaning the drill bits will slip out of the chuck :( rather 

frequently unless I really crank it down tight !  I believe its an Amati ? and maybe it just needs to get worn in more on the jaws perhaps ? 

I'm not loosing sleep over it as I only paid 9.00 Canadian for it - cheap in comparison to some of the renovations tools i have bought over 

the years ! .  I've seen the Starrett ones on Amazon and the Moody's also ( which look solid and more reasonably priced ) and the Moody's 

are a possible up grade ? also though is the set by C.M.L. which was shown further back up the thread by Capella ( love your Cat photo ) and 

I'll be looking into them soon . For a long time now I've practised the "Buy once - Cry once " methodology of acquiring new tools etc and it 

does seem to still work rather well ( I still have a 4 foot carpenters level from Starrett that I bought over 20 years ago ? and it still reads True - today ) 

but I do "baby" my more prized tools than most in Reno's seem to do 🙂  

Thanks to all again .

Rick .

Current Build : Bluenose 2 by A.L.   On the shelf : Dust 

Pro tip :  One can hide a lot of Sin with Paint 😉