Norwegian Sailing Pram by Don Quixote - Model Shipways - Scale 1:12

And we're off! Tried the Dory but simply could not get the stern straight. Hands shake too much I guess. I did a fairly good job on the Niagara until I got to the rigging, So I'm comfortable trying this.

Parts.jpg

Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 Scale. 2nd boat in the learning series.

In Dry Dock:

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack. 1:24 scale. Model Shipways, 3rd in the learning series.

Not sure what'll be next, probably the Santa Maria by Artesania Latina 1:65 scale. Unless someone has a better suggestion for a beginner.

Pride of Baltimore. Model Shipways. Clipper used in the war of 1812.

Black Falcon. Mantua Model. 18 century corsair brig.

CSS. Alabama. E. Manolie? Can't read the font. Build in Liverpool in 1862 for use in the American Civil War by the Confederates. Steam and sail, sloop of war.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

A baseball cap my Dad wore.

I've seen a couple logs where there are a couple missing brass nails. I have all 16. Plus a spoon.

brads.jpg

In Dry Dock:

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack. 1:24 scale. Model Shipways, 3rd in the learning series.

Not sure what'll be next, probably the Santa Maria by Artesania Latina 1:65 scale. Unless someone has a better suggestion for a beginner.

CSS. Alabama. E. Manolie? Can't read the font. Build in Liverpool in 1862 for use in the American Civil War by the Confederates. Steam and sail, sloop of war.

I bought some rubber cement from Amazon, but couldn't get the cap off. I had some Velcro so I tried that but it was not stiff enough. Knee was not square. Got some more cement and did a much better job. 

Valcro1.jpg

Bow transom.jpg

Edited by Don Quixote

In Dry Dock:

The instructions say to make 2 cuts at an angle on the lower stern transom. They don't say how deep nor what the purpose is. I also don't see it on any other builds I've seen.

Angle.jpg

Edited by Don Quixote

In Dry Dock:

The lower surfaces of the transom need to be parallel to the bottom of the boat. They have to join in a smooth seam. You angle off each side of the transom as in the lower photo.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Yeah, but what's up with the upper picture where they are using the razor saw?

Thanks for looking in, and the advice.

In Dry Dock:

• 4 weeks later...

This is not abandoned. It's on hold until I get my tourette's under control. I blink and squint my so they are closed more than they are open.

In Dry Dock:

Thank you very much. I can't even work and dare not drive. Next week I see a neurologist.

Oh, and I darned tootin signed up!

In Dry Dock: