Name the Ship Game

I found this photo with the caption: "PMARIG working on the Coronation site in 1999 (SHIPS Project)" which could lead one to assume that PMARIG was the name of the ship. However, PMARIG stands for Plymouth Maritime ARchaeological Interest Group which is comprised of dedicated amateurs interested in maritime archaeology in the Plymouth area since 1995. This group pioneered many techniques since adopted by professional archaeologists and offers training in underwater archaeology.

I did identify the small boat, Nova T, used by the Malvern Archaeological Diving Unit, participants in the 1999 Coronation wreck site survey. I don't think that counts for the win. 

Edited by DFellingham

post-70-0-74663700-1362476559.jpg

Current Builds:  ESMERALDA Chilean Navy School Ship, 1/640 in a bottle

insanity Dan Clapp's hard water race boat in a bottle

Completed Build:  Prairie Schooner OGALLALA 1/96 in a bottle

Research Project:  Cruizer-class Brig-Sloops

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

The name of the actual ship does indeed start with a 'P',but you are correct that is the name of the organisation ;) I knew this could prove to be interesting :D .This may take a little longer,if you actually google the ship's name,nothing comes up!!! :P

Kind Regards

Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

Ok bit of humble pie for me :blush:  :blush:  :blush: I have this vessel's name down as Plycor,but am not 100% convinced this is this case.As I bow my head in shame,I shall allow someone else to take the helm,not quite sure of the rules in this instance :huh:

Kind Regards

Nigel

I've just typed into Google (after counting the Gun Ports) 'British 120 Gun Sailing Ships' and on the 2nd row of images here's your picture of the FRENCH ship Montebello  :D

Eamonn

Current Build   :  HM Schooner Ballahoo

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

Thanks Nigel.. I have a potentially nasty one here... there is a clue in the background, but it's only of limited use. The yacht is important though in it's own right ! (incidentally it is the Yacht's name I'm after :D )

More clues will be given as required.. but the info is all there in the photo !

Eamonn

post-5925-0-58748900-1400359388_thumb.jpg

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

I know this!it was on telly recently,current owner has sold up.Yacht was used in the evacuation of Dunkirk despite being told by the navy to stay away,at least that is what I think it is :D

Kind Regards

Nigel

I can't find a pic including the yacht though,it isn't a holiday snap of yours is it? :D  :D  :D Got sidetracked thinking of the blue riband and ended up reading about a 100m yacht being built in Devon to beat the record :D  :D

N

Deffo not a Blue Riband contender ! 

Clue Time..

She is rather Famous over here.. still in one piece but not in the water (was restored very recently) the year 1916 is important too (not when she was built though)

Not a hollier snap either :D

E

Ah Jeez  !! :P  I was an hour looking at Ocean & Oil Survey Ships  with no luck and here it's name shared with my last question !! :rolleyes:

Nice one Nigel and well done Andy.

E