Name the Ship Game

RMS Olympic

Thanks Slog.. It was just a guess (but it looked right )  Am in work shortly so if you want to post another question then please go ahead (to keep things running along smoothly as it will be much later this evening before I can do so.. it is 8.15 am here at the moment) :rolleyes:

Stay Well

Eamonn

Current Build   :  HM Schooner Ballahoo

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

All Righty Then.. Give this one a lash and see how ye all get on !

Identifying marks etc removed (Her name for example would just would make it way too easy :P ) Though somehow I don't think it will take toooo long ^_^

Stay Well Folks

Eamonn

post-5925-0-29625100-1401558505_thumb.jpg

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

Hmmm ... we're gunna need the luck of the Irish to solve this one.

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Capt. Steve last time I thought I'd found a really devilishly hard one Nigel had been watching a You Tube clip about someone's Model of the same ship only a day or so earlier !!.. can't win :(  :rolleyes:

E

Sorry mate,is it Suibheir? First immediate port of call was Irish Customs vessels and I recognised the Revenue class from my rc boat interests.Somebody does or did produce a kit/semikit of this class.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

Well Done Nigel.. Suirbheir it is !!      that's it, I taking a photo of a pedalo in the local duck pond next time.. ^_^ or an RNLI Lifeboat.. evil laugh !! :rolleyes:

Eamonn

OK Bud you are up next.. ;)

Thanks mate :) Lifeboats,mmm,I do know my Severn class from my Trent class :D  :D  :D  :D Anyway I am kind of hoping I might have found a toughie,but we shall see :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

Kind Regards

Nigel

post-1641-0-61298000-1401568656_thumb.jpg

is it a Hyuga Class  Helicopter carrier Nigel.. though I think the photo must be reversed as the 'Island' is on the Stbd side normally.. :D

Stay Well

Eamonn

In answer to your question Eamonn,nope.I did have to google it myself to check as I only know the name :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D .Thought this may be a little fun as all JMSDF ships are like flower class corvettes,they all look the same :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D Prompt,evil laugh stroking of white cat :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Kind Regards

Nigel

No mate,sorry :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D This cat is getting heavy now :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

BTW two ships in Izumo class,Izumo and other one not named yet,not due for completion until 2017

Kind Regards

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Just want to double check its NOT the Hyuga that Eamonn suggests.

I found a photo almost identical to the one pictured but a 'correct' mirror image with the text;

"The new, "helicopter-carrying destroyer", the Hyuga, is a 610 foot long, 18,000 ton warship that operates up to 11 (mostly SH-60) helicopters from a full length flight deck. Although called a destroyer, it very much looks like an aircraft carrier."

Cheers

Slog

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HM Bark Endeavour (First Wood, On Hold)

Borodino (1:200 Card, Current Build)

Admiral Nakhimov (card 1/200)

Mazur D-350 Artillery Tractor (1:25 Card) 

F-8 Crusader (1:48 Aircraft, Plastic)

Hi Slog,no definitely not Hyuga,infact she is NOT a helicopter carrier,she is listed as something quite different ;) Another clue is that to my knowledge,unlike most of the other vessels,she does not have a ww2 contemporary of the same name.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Hmmm.. all the info I'm finding suggests Ise Nigel (Ise is a Hyuga Class)

http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=100074

And scroll down half way approx.  admittedly there seems to be an issue with the photo title .

E

Edited by egkb

You are infact correct Eamonn,as I have double checked everything,but the pic I clicked on listed this vessel as JMSDF Kunisaki which is an assault ship,following my link further did lead to the shipmodel page with the pictures you have been looking at.Further investigation on Kunisaki shows a stern door obviously not present on my pic.

I feel a little annoyed with google :angry: but will hand the helm over to you Eamonn as you named Ise first.My fault for not checking out the pics correctness beforehand and picking a rather spurious choice of vessel :rolleyes:

Kind Regards

Nigel

From my 'ramblings', mis-labeled or names ships in pictures does not seem to be that abnormal.  If Eamonn can get one posted maybe I'll get a few hours head start due to time difference...

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

I'll cancel my Ferry Ticket in that case Nigel   :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  I could almost do a Thesis on Hyuga Class Carriers now ;)  Worry not Bud, I've had that kinda issue with search engines before (one of the reasons  I post a lot of Irish vessels, at least I have an idea of what they actually look like..)

Right here's a right Doozy, particularly as there were only a handful (about 7 !!) ever made but the Class will do, that said the Class is very specific!! They are still around today, but are in a very sad state I'm afraid.

Have Fun .. Oh by the way thankfully they are not Japanese.. ^_^  ;)

Eamonn

2nd By The Way any suggestions Tips re Faux Tree Nailing for Ballahoo? Anyone ?? If you do could you pop over to my Ballahoo Log, Link Below there somewhere.. ^_^

post-5925-0-47162100-1401582244_thumb.jpg

Edited by egkb

Hint seems to be required.. What Country are most of my boats from ?   folks new to my Name the Ship questions  just need to take a look at my location !!

E

Dublin Bay 21 class racing yacht from 1903.Can't pin down the name of S2 although I found the names of all seven.Three have sunk and four remain in a farmers field,even watched a youtube video of the remaining ones :D  :D  :D  :D

Kind Regards

Nigel

That's the fellas Nigel.. the remaining ones are in a yard not so very far from me (8 miles or so) there used to be a couple on the water in Arklow Harbour some years back and I'd drool after them.. beeeeutiful hull design ! 

There is a Dublin Bay 18 fleet too !

Over to You Mate  (hope it isn't Japanese Navy Stuff :rolleyes: )

Stay Well

Eamonn

Am off to the cinema shortly (just stuck my head in home before heading over) so won't be around for a few hours.