Corel HMS Victory

bianco55

HI ALL

I'm hoping a member might help me with a question about the age of a COREL VICTORY kit which I have aquired. It has yellow windows on the stern galleries

but most models I have seen have blue. ( I'm not keen on either ). Would anybody have any clue as to when the kit was manufactured. The price on the box is £199 sterling. They are now selling for over £400 sterling. Cheers All.

I remember buying this kit about 20 years ago and paid £250 for it, which was probably over the odds as it was at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, but it had the blue windows.

I would guess yours is somewhat older, of course the price is no guide as it could have been periodically re-priced. I’m guessing yours is at least 30 years old or so.

Gary

Welcome to MSW Bianco

Please post a little introduction on yourself and your experiences in ship modeling on the new member forum here at MSW.

The stern lights and gallery lights (windows) were clear glass.  I am pretty sure they did not have tinted glass when Victory was sailing.😀  

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Hi Bianco

Looking at their models, their kit designs seem to be more their own fantasy rather than replicating how the ships, including Victory, looked or were outfitted.  Lots of folks "bash" these kind of kits and replace items from belaying pins to lights to cannon with something realistic.  

Allan

Edited by allanyed

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU