Deciding which Running rigging to add to the Endeavour 1:64 without fitting the sails

DaveBaxt

This is only the second square rigger I have attempted to build and still trying to get my head around the running rigging and how much is needed to fit when not adding the sails to the model. On my last build the Bounty by Amati I only fitted that which controlled the yards and not which was required for the sails as well. I also left out the yard tackles too.This time I would like to add as much as possible including Cluelines,Leechlines and Buntlines. My question is this. Is it therefore practical to fit these together with any other such as the tacks and sheets which I understand, control the sails or are these lines stowed away with the sails and should not be fitted to the model. Please forgive my ignorance for what may seem a basic question as I have researched quite a number of books but as yet the penny has not dropped, sort of speak. Thank you once again for your patience and guidance. Best regards Dave

Completed     St Canute Billings            Dec 2020

Completed    HMS Bounty Amati          May 2021 Finished

Currently building HM Bark Endeavour  

Hi Dave

Look at some of the various rigged models at Preble Hall, RMG, Lees' Mastng and Rigging and Franklin's Navy Board Ship Models and you will seem the majority have no sails, but are nearly fully rigged with leech lines, tacks, sheets and more.   Lees' Masting and Rigging page 76 has very detailed drawings of how to rig the tack, sheet and clue garnet blocks together when no sails were rigged.  

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

After taking another look at the Lees book and the Drawings supplied by the kit (Caldercraft) it would appear you are correct, and also that the drawings supplied look to be surprisingly accurate apart from the yard tackle looks to be left out.Thank you once again Allan for your help and quick response .Best regards dave

Completed     St Canute Billings            Dec 2020

Completed    HMS Bounty Amati          May 2021 Finished

Currently building HM Bark Endeavour